Environmental risk assessment is a requirement for many planned waste facilities, especially landfills. On-going monitoring of leachate, groundwater and surface water provides the operator with a complete picture of conditions within the site and the surrounding environment. Monitoring provides an evidential record of compliance with control levels and helps the operator avoid problems before they arise. A suitable monitoring régime and the skilled interpretation of data can help meet these objectives. Knox Associates has extensive experience of monitoring and assessment at landfills and other waste facilities.
Our consultancy services include advice on:
- groundwater risk assessment at landfills
- hydrogeological investigations
- impact of leachate discharges on surface water quality
- advice on monitoring programmes for leachate, surface water and groundwater
- managing and interpreting monitoring data, providing operators with clear information on environmental performance and areas of potential concern